Allen's Favorite Pot Roast And Vegetables Recipe
- 4 lb Roast
- 3 lrg Onions
- 8 x Potatoes, cubed
- 3 stalk celery, sliced
- 1/2 lb Bacon, cut 1/2 inch pcs
- 2 slc Bread
- 3 lrg Carrots, sliced
- 1 sm Cauliflower, broken up Any other vegetables you fancy Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 dsh Cayenne pepper
- The roast can be coated with any chicken flavoring mix.
- In preheated oven brown bacon and add in diced onion and roast after rolling it in bacon grease.
- Place on warm coals till browned then on medium coals till almost done.
- Cover with cut up vegetables, being sure some get underneath the meat.
- Put on medium to warm coals and cook till vegetables are done.
- 2 2/3 c. of water can be added to vegetables.