Ail Ou Echalotes Confits (Garlic Or Shallots In Duck Fat) Recipe
- 12 x Shallots
- 2 c. Graisse de canard (rendered duck fat)
- 1 tsp Quatre epices (5 spices)
- 1/4 tsp Pepper, Black, grnd
- Peel the garlic and cut off any green sprouts within.
- If using shallots, cut off both ends before peeling.
- Heat the duck fat in a small saucepan over medium flame.
- When the fat is hot, add in the garlic or possibly shallots, the quatre epices, and the grnd pepper.
- Cook till they are soft, about 20 min for the garlic and 30 min for the shallots.
- Remove them from the fat with a slotted spoon and cold on paper towels.
- If they are not used immediately, they can be refrigerated in a small container for several days.
- Don't cover them with fat.
- Yield - 6 servingsas a garnish.
- [ Original recipe from "Foie Gras, Magret And Other Good Food