Artichoke Shrimp Salad Sandwiches
- 1 lb cooked small shrimp or 1 lb cooked crabmeat
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) jar artichoke hearts, marinated
- 12 cup diced tomato
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon green onion top, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 pita breads, cut in half
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- Place shrimp/crab in a large bowl.
- Drain marinade from artichokes into bowl and finely chop 1/2 the jar of artichokes.
- Add to bowl with tomato, oil, green onion, basil and lemon juice; toss well to mix.
- Open each pita pocket and fill with lettuce leaves, avocado slices and shrimp/crab mixture.