- 2 cups dried apricots
- 1 qt. apricot juice
- 8 Tbs. agar-agar flakes
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground allspice
- 1 tsp. grated nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 3 cups soy milk
- 4 Tbs. kudzu
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup vanilla extract
- Soak apricots in 2 cups apricot juice for 15 minutes.
- Pour remaining 2 cups juice in heavy-bottomed medium saucepan.
- Stir in agar flakes and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, combine apricots with soaking juice, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook, stirring often, 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Bring agar mixture to slow simmer over low heat and simmer until flakes are dissolved.
- Add soy milk, stirring often to prevent it from burning.
- In a small bowl, dissolve kudzu in 1/4 cup water.
- When the kudzu is completely dissolved, whisk it into soy milk mixture.
- Add maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- In food processor, process apricots until smooth.
- Add to soy mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
- Transfer pudding to a shallow casserole, bring to room temperature, then refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, process mixture in a food processor until smooth.
- Serve in parfait glasses with a dollop of Tofu Cream (see recipe below) if desired.