5 Minute Mochi
- 350 grams Mochi rice
- 120 ml Water
- Rinse the rice well.
- Use a blender to mix the water with the rice until you end up with a mixture that's thick and heavy.
- Pour into a heat-proof dish.
- Cover and microwave for 3 minutes at 700 W.
- Use a dampened spoon to stir and stretch the mixture into a smooth mochi-like consistency.
- Serve them as you'd like.
- This time I coated it in kinako and crushed sesame seeds.
- I formed the balls using a spoon.
- This recipe is also good for filling aburaage pouches for oden.