"Hot Chocolate" Banana-Nut Oatmeal
- 2 cups plain almond milk
- 2 fully-ripened large bananas (1 1/2 diced and 1/2 thinly sliced crosswise)
- 1/4 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Kosher salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
- 1/3 cup toasted and chopped walnuts
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- Copyright 2012 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
- Bring the almond milk, 1 3/4 cups water, the diced bananas, almond and vanilla extracts and pinch of salt to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat.
- Stir in the oats, cocoa powder and 1 tablespoon of the honey and reduce the heat to medium.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until the oats are fully cooked to desired consistency, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Transfer to 4 bowls, top with the sliced bananas, walnuts, the remaining 1 tablespoon honey, cinnamon and chocolate chips and serve.