Amish Banana Bread
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 5 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2-1/4 cup flour
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Combine cream cheese,sugar,and margarine.
- Mix until well blended.Blend in bananas and eggs.
- Add dry ingredients, mixing until moistened.
- Fold in nuts.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9x13-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350F for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before slicing.