8-Minute Hard-Boiled Eggs
- 3 whole Eggs
- 6 cups Water, Or Enough To Cover The Eggs By 1 Inch
- 6 cups Iced Water
- Salt And Cracked Black Pepper, To Taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Slowly and carefully add in the eggs.
- Set the timer for 8 minutes.
- After 8 minutes, remove the eggs with a slotted spoon and place into a bowl of iced water.
- Let them sit in the iced water for a minute or so before removing and cracking into the egg.
- My mistake in the past was never knowing when my water was coming to a boil, as I typically walked away from the stove and simply guessed the length of time it would take to come to a boil.
- This technique is much more precise as you boil the water beforehand, resulting in a a perfect hard-boiled egg, and one where the shell simply slides off.
- A win-win in my book.
- Once the shell is off, season with salt and pepper and go to town.
- If you are looking for a perfect egg, give this one a shot.
- Im certain you will fall in love.