- 12 whole Jalapeno Peppers
- 1 pound Breakfast Sausage
- 2- 1/2 cups Bisquick Or Another Baking Mix
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar
- 12 ounces, weight Monterey Jack Cheese Cubed
- Cut the stems off jalapeno peppers, slice in half length-wise and remove the insides.
- (I recommend using gloves for this so you dont burn your fingers!)
- If you want more heat, you can leave the insides.
- Mix the sausage, baking mix and shredded cheddar until thoroughly combined.
- (Its easier to do with your hands.)
- Place one or two cubes of monterrey jack on each of the jalapeno halves (make the size of the cubes depending upon size of jalapeno) and then take sausage mixture and wrap/mold it around the jalapeno/cheese until it is encased.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Bake at 350 degrees (F) on a lightly-greased baking sheet for about 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- This is super versatile!
- If you like heat, take a whole jalapeno and just cut a slit in it and stuff the cheese and then wrap with the sausage mixture.