- 1/2 c. evaporated milk
- 1 egg
- 1 c. cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 lb. ground chuck
- 4 Tbsp. finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt or to taste
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 Tbsp. ketchup
- 1 c. grated American cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine all ingredients except cheese in bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Lightly grease a loaf pan.
- Put 1/3 of meat mixture in the bottom of pan and spread evenly.
- Put 1/2 cup cheese on top (keep cheese away from the edge of the pan to prevent burning or sticking).
- Repeat layers (1/3 meat, 1/2 cup cheese, 1/3 meat).
- Bake 1 hour.
- Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before removing to a platter to slice.
- 6 servings. Preparation time: 30 minutes.