- 1 c. chopped onion
- 1 c. chopped green pepper
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 (28 oz.) can tomatoes with liquid, cut up
- 1 (4 oz.) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 (2 1/4 oz.) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 lb. ground beef, browned and drained (optional)
- 12 oz. spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 2 c. (8 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 oz.) can condensed cream of mushroom soup (undiluted)
- 1/4 c. water
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender.
- Add tomatoes, mushrooms, olives and oregano.
- Add ground beef if desired.
- Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Place half of the spaghetti in a greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish. Top with half of the vegetable mixture.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup Cheddar cheese.
- Repeat layers.