- 1 (12 oz.) can tomato paste
- 1 qt. water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 tsp. chili powder
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/2 c. chopped green onions
- 2 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 doz. corn tortillas
- In a saucepan, combine tomato paste, water, garlic and chili powder; simmer 20 minutes.
- In skillet, brown ground beef with half of the onions; drain fat.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups of cheese and 1 cup tomato paste mixture.
- Spoon 1/4 cup tomato paste mixture in 3-quart shallow baking dish.
- Soften tortillas, one at a time, by dipping in and out of remaining mixture.
- Spoon beef mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up.
- Place seam side down in baking dish.
- Pour remaining tomato paste mixture over top.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and onions.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Makes 6 servings.