- 2 lb. carrots, cut in diagonal slices
- 1 large onion, sliced in rings
- 1 (10 oz.) can tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. salad oil
- 3/4 c. vinegar
- Wash and scrape carrots. Cut in diagonal slices. Cook and drain. Cool. Combine carrots with raw onion rings in a bowl. Combine tomato soup, sugar, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in saucepan.
- Bring to boiling point; stir to dissolve sugar.
- Pour hot mixture over vegetables and mix together.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator overnight.