- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 c. sugar
- 1 c. shortening
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 c. flour
- 2/3 c. milk
- 3 c. floured blueberries
- Beat egg whites until stiff; add 1 cup sugar.
- Set aside. Cream the shortening, salt, rest of sugar and vanilla.
- Add egg yolks.
- Beat until creamy.
- Add baking powder, milk and flour to mixture alternately.
- Fold in egg whites, then blueberries.
- Pour into a well-greased and floured 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Sugar the top. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes.