Mushroom Caps Stuffed
- 20 to 24 white large mushrooms, cut off stems and hollow out carefully, reserving stems
- 1 lb. sweet sausage
- 3/4 c. Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 c. seasoned bread crumbs
- Fry and chop stems; drain.
- Fry and drain sausage.
- Mix cheese and bread crumbs and add mushroom stems and cooked sausage.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Fill hollowed out mushroom caps with mixture.
- Put in shallow baking dish.
- Add a little wine.
- Bake at 400° for 15 to 20 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.