Corral Barbecued Beef Steak Strips
- 2 lb. round steak 1/2 to 3/4-inch thick, sliced in strips 1/8-inch thick (or thinner) and 3 1/2 to 4-inches long (easily sliced if partially frozen)
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1/3 c. water
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. prepared mustard
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium sized onion, thinly sliced
- Brown strips in cooking oil.
- Pour off drippings.
- Combine tomato sauce, water, brown sugar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add sauce and onion to meat slices.
- Cover and cook slowly, stirring occasionally 30 minutes or until meat is tender. Serve over rice or buttered noodles.
- Yields 6 to 8 servings.