Chicken And Tortilla Casserole
- 1 medium chicken
- 1 can (12) soft tortillas
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1 large chopped green pepper
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can tomatoes and green chilies
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 lb. Cheddar cheese, grated
- Boil chicken; bone and cut up meat.
- To the meat, add onion and green pepper.
- Mix soups, tomatoes, chili powder and garlic salt.
- Dip each tortilla in chicken broth, then in a buttered 9 x 12-inch baking dish.
- Place a layer of tortilla, 1/2 the chicken, 1/2 the soup mixture and 1/2 cheese.
- Repeat layers; bake 30 to 40 minutes in 350° oven until cheese melts.