- 1/2 c. melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 c. firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 c. unsifted all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan.
- Beat eggs until light and foamy in a large bowl.
- Beat in sugar, vanilla and butter until creamy.
- Combine flour with baking powder and salt.
- Add to egg mixture.
- Mix at low speed until blended. Stir in nuts (mixture will be stiff).
- Spread evenly in pan.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until top is light brown.
- Cool 10 to 15 minutes, then cut into bars.