Tomato Basil Sauce
- 4 tomatoes, seeded and chopped (peeled if you prefer)
- 3/4 c. olive oil
- juice of 2 lemons
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 c. fresh basil, shredded (less dried basil if necessary, but fresh is far superior!)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- tomatoes and 1/2 basil.
- Let stand 1 to 4 hours
- room temperature.
- Before serving, add last half of basil.
- Serve with or over rice.
- Crusty rolls are good to dip in the juice and green beans compliment it.