Diane'S Yeast Rolls
- 3 1/4 c. plain flour
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 pkg. active dry yeast
- 1 1/3 c. lukewarm water
- 2 Tbsp. shortening
- 1/3 c. instant dry milk, running over
- 1 stick butter
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Measure water in separate bowl. Add yeast and 1/2 teaspoon of flour mixture to water.
- Stir and set aside.
- Cut shortening into the remaining flour mixture.
- Add water mixture.
- Mix. Dump onto floured board and knead.
- Let rise.
- Knead again.
- Pinch off and shape into rolls.
- Brush with melted butter. Let rise.
- Bake in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan at 400° for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.