Delicious Wheat-Free Pancakes
- 1 1/2 c. yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 c. buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp. each baking soda and sugar or 1 tsp. honey
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 2 c. buttermilk or plain yogurt, thinned with water
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 egg, separated
- Stir together cornmeal, flour, baking soda, sugar or honey and salt. Add buttermilk or yogurt, oil and egg yolk.
- Blend well. Beat egg whites until stiff and fold in. Let batter stand for 10 minutes. Bake on hot griddle, turning once.
- Makes about 16 (4-inch) pancakes.