Tuna Fish Salad Plate
- 2 cans solid albacore tuna (packed in water)
- 2 stalks chopped celery
- 1/2 Granny Smith apple (unpeeled)
- 1 tsp. finely minced onion
- 2 small sweet pickles, chopped or 2 tsp. pickle relish
- 1/2 c. green grapes, washed and cut in quarters
- 1/4 c. sliced almonds
- Miracle Whip (sparingly)
- Drain off all water from tuna.
- Separate and mash tuna with a fork.
- Mix all ingredients.
- Add small amount of Miracle Whip at a time, just enough to hold mixture together.
- Chill in refrigerator. Place chilled lettuce leaves on plates.
- Add tuna salad (a nice size serving) in middle of lettuce.
- Arrange sliced fresh orange, pear halves, tomato wedges, sliced avocado and few ripe olives to garnish.
- Serve with crisp crackers.