Easy Stuffed Peppers
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. brown and serve turkey or beef sausage
- 1/2 c. seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 c. grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 to 2 egg whites or 1 egg, beaten
- 4 bell peppers, halved and cleaned
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Blanch the peppers and set aside. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onion in olive oil until just softened.
- Add sausage and saute until browned.
- Remove the skillet from the heat; add bread crumbs, cheese and egg and mix well.
- Cut peppers lengthwise, then stuff with sausage mixture. Place stuffed peppers into a baking dish and bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 350°.
- Yields 4 servings.