Surprise Meat Triangles
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne
- 1/4 c. cheese (Mozzarella), small cubes or triangles
- 2 eggs
- 3 c. day old bread crumbs
- vegetable oil for frying
- Mix beef, cayenne and salt to taste.
- Divide into 8 portions and put on a clean board.
- Flatten each into a triangular shape, about 4-inches on each side.
- Press cheese into center of beef. Mold and seal evenly around cheese, being very careful to cover the corners.
- The edges must be well sealed or the cheese will leak out during cooking.
- Beat eggs in a shallow bowl, spread out the bread crumbs on a large, flat plate.
- Dip triangle into the egg, then into the bread crumbs, pressing firmly to coat evenly. Repeat a second time with each triangle.
- Pour enough oil into a deep-fat fryer to come 1/2 way up the sides of the triangles. Using a slotted spoon, lower 1/2 the triangle into the hot oil and fry until browned.