Viva La Chicken Tortilla Casserole
- 4 to 5 chicken breasts or a whole chicken
- 1 doz. corn tortillas
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 to 1 1/2 cans green chili salsa ("Ortega")
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 c. milk
- 1 lb. Cheddar cheese, grated
- Boil chicken; remove meat from bones and cut into pieces.
- Cut the tortillas into 1-inch strips.
- Mix the soups, salsa, onion and milk.
- Place a layer of tortilla strips in casserole dish, then a layer of chicken, then soup mixture; repeat.
- Top with cheese. Bake for 1 hour at 300°.