Plum Breakfast Cake
- 1 tsp. dry yeast
- 1 Tbsp. warm water
- 3 c. flour
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 c. nonfat milk
- 6 tsp. melted butter
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 6 plums, pitted and cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
- Dissolve yeast in water.
- Set aside.
- Combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in milk, 5 tablespoons melted butter, vanilla and yeast mixture.
- Pat dough into 11 x 12-inch rectangle on lightly buttered baking sheet.
- Arrange plum wedges slightly overlapping to cover top of dough.
- Brush plums with remaining 1 tablespoon melted butter.
- Combine 1/4 cup sugar and cardamom.
- Sprinkle evenly over top of cake.
- Bake at 375° for 30 to 40 minutes, or until center tests done.
- Cool to warm and serve.
- Makes 16 servings.