- 1 large head cabbage with nice firm leaves
- 1/2 c. rice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 lb. ground beef
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook rice in boiling water until partly done.
- Mix all ingredients, except cabbage.
- Separate cabbage leaves; wash and parboil in salty water until slightly tender.
- Cool cabbage leaves.
- Take big spoonful of meat mixture and put in center of cabbage leaf and roll up.
- Place in baking dish that tomato soup or sauerkraut has been adding.
- Bake in 325° oven until meat is done, about 1 hour.
- Cover when placing in oven.