- 1 lb. Italian sausage or ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. basil
- 1 qt. can tomatoes
- 2 (6 oz.) cans tomato paste
- 10 oz. lasagna noodles
- 2 eggs
- 3 c. fresh Ricotta cheese or cottage cheese
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. parsley flakes
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 lb. Mozzarella cheese
- Brown meat; spoon off excess fat.
- Add next 4 ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes.
- Cook noodles in large amount of boiling, salted water.
- (Add 1 tablespoon cooking oil to noodles to keep them from sticking together.)
- Drain noodles when tender. Beat eggs; add remaining ingredients.
- Layer half of noodles, Ricotta filling, half of cheese and half of meat sauce.
- Bake at 375° for 30 minutes.