- 2 egg whites
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 (3 1/2 oz.) cans (3 c.) flaked coconut
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Grease and flour cookie sheets.
- In small bowl, beat egg whites and salt until soft peaks form. Beating at high speeds, sprinkle in sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla (whites should stand in stiff, glossy peaks).
- With rubber spatula, fold in coconut and flour.
- Drop by tablespoons about 1 inch apart onto cookie sheets.
- Bake 20 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Remove with metal spatula.