- 4 c. sifted flour
- 1/2 lb. salted butter
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 pkg. yeast
- 1 c. lukewarm cream
- Place yeast in small bowl.
- Add sugar and lukewarm cream.
- Let stand while mixing butter into flour.
- Blend butter as for pastry until consistency of coarse cornmeal.
- Make a well in center of mixture and drop in unbeaten egg yolks.
- Add yeast mixture at same time and mix dough thoroughly until dough leaves sides of bowl. Mix for about 5 minutes.
- Place dough on lightly floured board and cut into 4 pieces.
- Let rest while making filling.