- 2 c. brown sugar
- 1 c. butter or margarine
- 1/2 c. light corn syrup
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 7 1/2 qt. popped corn
- Combine the first 4 ingredients; boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add vanilla and baking soda; stir real good and pour onto the popped corn.
- Put in roaster; bake for 1 hour plus in a 200° oven, stirring every 15 minutes.
- (When pouring syrup onto corn, mix real good to coat.)
- Continue stirring occasionally after removing from oven so it will not be in one large chunk. Let cool completely before storing.
- The corn is very crunchy.