- 1 (2 lb.) bag frozen hash brown potatoes
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 to 3/4 c. chopped onion
- 1 stick margarine
- corn flake crumbs
- 8 oz. grated Cheddar cheese
- 2 (8 oz.) cartons sour cream
- 1/2 c. milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute onion in half of margarine.
- Add milk, soup, sour cream, seasonings, potatoes and 2/3 of cheese.
- Mix well and pour into 9 x 13-inch casserole dish with remaining cheese on top.
- Sprinkle on corn flake crumbs.
- Drizzle remaining melted margarine on top and bake at 325° for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Good warmed over but you can halve the recipe.