Sausage And Hash Browns Pie(Makes One 10-Inch Pie)
- 1 (24 oz.) pkg. frozen shredded hash browns potatoes, thawed (about 4 1/2 c.)
- 1/3 c. margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp. instant bouillon
- 1 lb. bulk country sausage
- 1/3 c. chopped onion
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 c. cottage cheese
- 4 slices processed American cheese, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In medium bowl, combine potatoes, margarine and bouillon.
- Spoon into lightly greased 10-inch pie plate; press on bottom and up side rim to form crust.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- In large skillet, cook sausage and onion; pour off fat.
- Stir in eggs, cottage cheese and cheese food pieces.
- Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until set.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Garnish as desired. Refrigerate leftovers.