- 1 head cabbage
- 1/2 lb. hamburger
- 1/2 c. cooked rice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- canned tomato sauce
- Pour boiling water over cabbage and cover for 1/2 hour.
- Cut around cabbage heart and pull off leaves.
- Brown ground beef. Cook and drain rice.
- Add to hamburger.
- Add egg, onion and seasonings.
- Place hamburger mixture in cabbage leaves and roll up separately.
- Secure leaves with toothpicks.
- Place rolls in casserole dish and pour tomato sauce over all.
- Cook slowly on top of stove for 2 hours.