German Chocolate Upside-Down Cake
- 1 c. coconut, flaked
- 1 c. pecans, chopped
- 1 (18.25 oz.) pkg. German Chocolate cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 c. water
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
- 1/2 c. margarine
- 1 (16 oz.) pkg. powdered sugar, sifted
- Grease a 9 x 13 x 2-inch cake pan.
- Line with wax paper, grease wax paper.
- Sprinkle coconut and pecans in prepared pan; set aside.
- Combine cake mix and next 3 ingredients in large bowl according to directions on box.
- Spoon batter over coconut and pecans.
- Combine cream cheese and margarine in saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring often until margarine melts and mixture is smooth.
- Stir in powdered sugar until smooth.
- Spoon mixture over batter evenly.
- Bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Invert cake on serving platter and remove wax paper.