Fisherman'S Macaroni Casserole
- 1 1/2 c. medium macaroni shells
- 1 c. salmon
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1 tsp. instant minced onion
- 2 Tbsp. minced parsley
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 1/4 c. shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1 c. frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 c. crushed saltine crackers
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cook macaroni shells in boiling salted water for 10 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Drain salmon liquid into 1-pint cup.
- Add enough milk to make 2 cups.
- Flake salmon.
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan.
- Stir in flour, seasoned salt, instant onion, black pepper and dry mustard.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in milk.
- Cook until thickened.
- Add 1 cup of the cheese.
- Stir until melted and blended.
- Fold in macaroni, salmon, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, sour cream, peas and minced parsley.
- Turn into a greased shallow 1 1/2-quart baking dish.