Snow-Capped Broccoli Spears
- 2 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen broccoli spears or fresh
- 1 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
- grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/3 c. mayonnaise or salad dressing
- Cook broccoli spears according to package directions; drain well.
- Arrange broccoli with stem ends toward the center on an ovenproof platter or in a 9-inch pie plate.
- Brush broccoli with the melted butter or margarine.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites and salt with rotary beater until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight).
- Gently fold in mayonnaise or salad dressing.
- Spoon mixture in center of broccoli; sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Makes 6 servings.