Nut And Poppy Seed Rolls
- 4 1/2 c. flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 pkg. dry yeast
- 1 c. lukewarm water
- 1/2 c. margarine
- 4 Tbsp. sugar
- Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water with sugar.
- Let stand while you mix margarine and flour as for pie crust.
- Make a well, then add egg yolks, salt and yeast mixture.
- Mix until smooth and dough leaves the sides of the bowl.
- Cut into 4 pieces and roll out as thin as possible.
- Spread filling and roll.
- Place on greased pans.
- Let raise for 1 hour, then brush with egg whites.
- Bake in 350°
- oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
- When baked, cover rolls with dampened cloth for 10 minutes.