Molasses Sugar Cookies
- 3/4 c. butter
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c. molasses
- 2 c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. each: cinnamon, ginger and salt
- extra sugar
- Cream butter and sugar; add the egg and beat.
- Add the molasses and mix.
- Sift together the dry ingredients.
- Using a mixer add the dry ingredients.
- Roll into small balls (inch in diameter), placing on cookie sheet.
- Flatten with glass bottom that has been dipped in extra sugar.
- Cook 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet and cool; store in airtight container.