- 1 1/2 lb. flank steak
- 1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1/3 tsp. garlic
- 1/3 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 c. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- Trim fat from steak.
- Semi-freeze for ease in slicing.
- Slice with the grain into 1/8-inch strips.
- Marinate overnight in glass dish, thoroughly covering the meat with sauce made from other ingredients.
- Lay strips of marinated meat in single layer on oven racks.
- Placing a cookie sheet underneath will catch drippings. With oven door opened a crack, roast at lowest possible temperature (125° to 140°) for 8 to 12 hours.
- Taste occasionally until desired chewiness is attained.
- Keep in covered jar.
- Yields 1/2 pound of jerky.