Three Layer Cookie
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 3/4 c. (3 bars) butter
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 6 eggs
- red and green food coloring
- strawberry jelly
- Grease and flour three 8 x 11-inch pans.
- Mix eggs and melt butter.
- Mix flour, sugar and extract together with electric mixer until smooth.
- Divide batter into 3 bowls (equal amounts). Add red food coloring to one, green to the other.
- Place batter in each pan and bake for 15 minutes (or until done) in 375° oven. Cool.
- Spread strawberry jelly between layers.
- Melt chocolate and spread on top and sides.
- Refrigerate until hard, then cut into squares.