Pimento Corn Soup
- 3/4 c. diced onion
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 1 (5 oz.) can evaporated milk (undiluted)
- 1 (4 oz.) jar diced pimento
- Saute onion in butter in a large saucepan 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add corn; cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in chicken broth and pepper.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in milk; cook until thoroughly heated. (Do not boil.)
- Add pimento; stir well.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle with paprika.
- 4 cups.