Mexican Pepper Casserole
- 6 medium bell peppers (mixed red, green and yellow)
- 2 Tbsp. margarine and 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 c. thinly sliced onions
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. coriander
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1/2 lb. medium sharp Cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 large eggs, well beaten
- 1 1/2 c. sour cream (part yogurt may be used)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Slice peppers into thin strips.
- Heat oil and margarine in heavy skillet; saute onions and garlic with salt and spices until onions are transparent.
- Add peppers; cook over low heat 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle in flour; mix well.
- Continue cooking until liquid is absorbed.
- Butter deep casserole; spread half the pepper mixture, top with cheese.
- Mix eggs with sour cream; pour over all.
- Sprinkle with more paprika.
- Bake covered 40 to 45 minutes; uncover last 15 minutes.