- 4 pounds of yellow squash diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup or 4 ounces of cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 c. corn flakes
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat 9 x 13 baking dish with non stick spray.
- In a large sauce pan, cook the squash and onions in the water over medium heat for about 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain well.
- In a medium bowl, combine drained squash mixture, soup, cheese, salt, and pepper. Mix well and pour into baking dish.
- Sprinkle crushed corn flakes and drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until heated through, and the topping is golden.