- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 c. unsifted flour
- cinnamon to taste
- 1/3 c. orange juice
- 1 c. salad oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 5 or 6 medium apples, peeled, cored and quartered
- Place eggs, orange juice, vanilla, oil and 2 cups sugar in large mixer bowl.
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder in large bowl.
- Turn mixer on low to start; increase speed to moderate. Beat for 10 minutes.
- Cut each apple quarter into 3 slices.
- Spoon half the flour mixture into greased and floured tube pan; arrange half the apple slices over.
- Sprinkle with half the 4 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Add remaining batter, apples and sugar mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Cool in pan before turning out.