- 6 medium size onions (3 c.), washed, peeled and cut into slices
- 3 Tbsp. melted butter or margarine
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 1/2 c. half and half
- 1 c. diced celery, cooked and drained
- 1/2 c. pecan halves
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Saute onions in 3 tablespoons butter in skillet.
- Remove onions from skillet.
- Add 2 more tablespoons of butter and melt. Blend in flour, salt and pepper.
- Gradually add half and half and cook over low heat until thick and smooth, stirring constantly. Place onions, cooked celery and pecans in alternate layers in buttered 2-quart baking dish.
- Cover with cream sauce; sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and paprika.
- Bake at 350° for 20 to 30 minutes, until bubbly and hot.
- Serves 6.