Shredded Cabbage Soup
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp. bacon fat or margarine
- 5 c. beef broth
- 1 small head cabbage, shredded (about 5 c.)
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 tsp. salt
- dill weed
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, cut up
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- sour cream
- Cook and stir onions in fat or margarine in Dutch oven until tender.
- Add beef broth, cabbage, potatoes, carrots and celery. Heat to boiling; reduce heat, cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes.
- Garnish each serving with dollop of sour cream and sprinkle of dill weed.