Banana Split Homemade Ice Cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 c. sugar
- 6 c. whole milk (or 5 c. milk and 1 c. Westsoy Plus Soy milk for health nuts!)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand milk
- 1 pt. half and half
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 4 bananas, 2 chopped at beginning, plus 2 more added at end of freezing cycle
- 1 (10 oz.) jar maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- 1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple
- Beat eggs with electric mixer at medium speed, until frothy. Gradually add sugar, beating until thick.
- Add 6 cups milk and salt, mix well.
- Pour egg mixture into quite large saucepan over medium heat, cook while stirring constantly until thoroughly heated.
- Combine egg mixture, sweetened condensed milk, half and half and vanilla; stir well.
- Add 2 bananas, cherries and about 4 oz. of crushed pineapple (more at this time collects heavily on the beater).
- Pour mixture into one gallon freezer, electric or hand cranked.
- Freeze according to freezer instructions (don't forget your ice and freeze salt) until mixture is in the beginning stage of setting up, yet will easily mix in remaining two bananas and pineapple.
- Check beater before ice cream is finally hard with long spoon to ensure all is mixed well.
- A real taste and color delight with the red and yellow on white!!
- Serves 16.