Sicilian Meat Roll By Gini
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 egg
- 3/8 c. Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- pepper (optional)
- 1/4 c. tomato juice or spaghetti sauce
- 6 thin slices ham
- 4 oz. Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Mix together all ingredients, except ham and cheese, to form a ball and place on waxed paper.
- Flatten out to about 8 x 12 inches.
- Place thin slices of ham (about 6) on meat mixture and sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese.
- Roll up, seal seams and ends. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes to 1 hour or microwave on High for 12 to 13 minutes.
- Melt more cheese on top the last few minutes if desired.