- 1 c. (2 sticks) margarine or butter, softened
- 1 1/4 c. firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt (optional)
- 2 1/2 c. oats (quick or old-fashioned)
- 1 (12 oz.) pkg. butterscotch chips
- 1 c. coarsely chopped nuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Beat margarine and sugars until creamy. Add eggs, milk and vanilla; beat well.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- Stir in oats, butterscotch chips and nuts; mix well.
- Drop by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 9 to 10 minutes for a chewy cookie or 12 to 13 minutes for a crisp cookie.
- Cool 1 minute on a cookie sheet; remove to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- Makes about 5 dozen 2 1/2-inch cookies.